- Do most people live in houses or apartment in your country?
- What do people usually do in their free time in your country?
- What do you enjoy most about living in your country?
- Would you say that your country is a good place to visit? (Why?)
- What is your favourite meal?
- Do you prefer to eat out or eat at home? (Why?)
- Are there any traditional meals that you would recommend? (Why?)
- How have people’s eating habits changed in your country?
Describe a television programme that you watch.
You should say:
and explain why you would recommend the television programme to other people.
You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes.
You have one minute to think about what you are going to say.
You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
The role of advertising on television
- How do you feel about the amount of advertising on television?
- In what ways has television advertising changed in the last ten years?
- To what extent are people influenced by the advertising they see on television?
The effect of films on society
- Why do people still enjoy going to the cinema to watch a film?
- What sort of influence can films have on people?
- Should film-makers be responsible for the impact their films can have on people?